Terms & Conditions
This web site, youphonic.com (hereafter called the “Website” or “YP”) is owned and operated by PVV, LLC, an Illinois limited liability company. All references to the “Website” or “YP” shall include PVV, LLC.
These terms and conditions shall be binding on any person who uses the Website. The use of the website by any person shall constitute agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Use of the Website. The Website may be used only by individual persons. Any person must register with the Website in order to use the following functions:
• to save any pedalboard created by such person or to make any changes in the saved pedalboard,
• to post comments on any pedalboard created by any person,
• to post comments in the YP blog.
• to participate in the YP forum.
• any other functions which YP shall determine at any time shall require registration.
YP reserves the right to charge for the use of the Website or for any single function or group of functions of the Website.
YP reserves the right to revoke a registered user's membership at any time and for any reason.
2. Registration. Any individual person at least 13 years of age may register with the Website, by entering the information required on the registration form. Any person registering represents that all information entered is true, correct and complete. Any registered user may not allow any other person to use his account, or share his account information or password with any other person. No person, whether or not a registered user, may use the account of any registered user. YP may at any time, without notice and with or without cause, terminate the registration of any person, and YP shall have no liability whatsoever in case of any such termination.
3. Limitations on Use of Website. All use of the Website shall be for personal individual non-commercial use. No corporations or other entities or business organizations may use the Website. No person whether or not registered shall use the Website for any of the following purposes:
• To defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal right of any person.
• To publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content, or any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of the Website or any other person's computer, software, hardware, or equipment.
• To advertise or offer to sell or barter any goods or services.
• To transmit surveys, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters.
• To download any file that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner.
• To collect, store or distribute user names, email addresses or any other information about users of the Website.
• To interfere with or disrupt our sites, servers, or networks.
• To impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an YP representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
• To take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on the Website.
• To engage in any illegal activities.
• To post on the Website any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary information of any other person.
4. Pedalboards Created on the Website; Comments Posted by Users. Users of the Website shall have no proprietary interest in any pedalboard created, saved or published on the Website, or in any comments posted on the Website forum, blog or in connection with any pedalboard. All pedalboards, related comments and material created on the Website will be made available to the public, and all users grant to YP and its affiliates a royalty-free perpetual license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute, and publish all such pedalboards, related comments and material.
5. Ownership of Website and Its Content. The technology and the software underlying the Website is the property of YP. No user of the Website may copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, or otherwise use in any manner the technology or software underlying the Website. Users of the Website shall not modify the software underlying the Website in any manner or form or to use modified versions of such software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to our sites. The entire content of the Website including text and graphic elements and the underlying program and technology is the property of YP and YP claims a copyright in all such content. No person shall copy, modify, publish, transmit or distribute any such content, except for material that is in the public domain except with the written permission of YP. However, any registered user of the Website may download any pedalboard for such registered user’s personal, individual non-commercial use. YP shall have the right to make to change or modify the Website or any functions thereof at any time.
6. Inappropriate Content. YP may review any content posted on the Website by any user, including user names and comments and blog postings, and may delete any content which in its sole judgment violates these terms and conditions, which might be deemed illegal or offensive, or which otherwise unsuitable.
7. Persons under 13 Years of Age. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, YP does not accept registrations from persons who are under 13 years of age. By registering with YP, you represent that you are at least 13 years old.
8. Limit on Liability. YP shall not be liable to any user of the website, whether or not registered, for any damages, direct or indirect, arising out of use of the Website.
9. Copyright. If any person finds any material on the Website which such person believes infringes his copyright, he may submit a written communication that includes the following:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the YP to locate the material.
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit YP to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The above information may be submitted to:
youphonic.com Copyright Complaint Dept.
1857 Janke Dr.
Northbrook, IL 60062
Or by email to:
If the information in such written communication is true and correct, YP shall act expeditiously to remove such copyrighted material from the Website or to restrict access to it.